REFLECTOR:accidents/incidents

Pat Shea reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:11:57 -0800 (PST)

Pssst!

 If you point the nose straight up, the airspeed will
eventually bleed down to zero & the main wing will
stall. From there, the plane may even enter a deep
stall from which you can't recover. This is why
certain aerobatics (i.e. loops) are riskier in canards
than in tractor planes. A properly rigged & loaded
Velocity, like most canards, is only stall proof
within the "normal" flight envelope.

Pat