REFLECTOR:V8 Vacuum system

Jim Sower reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:46:48 -0600

<... Hmmm...  any real data points on this??  ...>
Just my own experience.  I've had belts last, but I've replaced a lot more of them
early.

<... I've never had this happen or seen it happen. ...>
I did when I was in the auto repair business long ago.  Not always, but occasionally.
Made a mess sometimes. flailing around the fan shroud.

<... Now that's wishful thinking. ...>
Is it?  Nothing left to get tangled up in.  I'm not in the business any more, but I
haven't heard of a serpentine doing collateral damage.

Anyway, I would trust one serpentine more than several V-belts ... Jim S.