REFLECTOR:Re: Seat Belt Hard Points

Wayne Lanza reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 19:04:53 -0500

  I have recently installed new belts in N81VA - my restoration
project... Any way, I bought new belts from
Velocity and recall that the bolts that come with the belts are big,
probably 1/2" x fine thread.  My airplane
has the original had hard points tapped for 5/16" bolts, so I made
bushings and used the existing mounts.
I'll try to find one of the bolts that came with my new belts and
report the size/thread ASAP.
  One other note, the belts are automotive type with the inertial reels
and are nicely made. The point to con-
-sider is that these belts are the right length for use in the
Velocity, even in my old standard door model,
the belts fit the plane.

Regards to All,
Wayne Lanza