REFLECTOR:Rotarys, Lycosaurs, etc.

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 15:18:12 -0500

Getting those kinds of total hours on an engine and flying every day is very
likely related.  Whether it's an engine power plant or a nuclear power
plant, very few thinks wear out, most just break.  And, as counter-intuitive
as it may seem, the less something is used, the more frequently it seems to
break.  Following that logic, the answer is obvious...we all should fly
every day!!!  I, for one, am in favor of that engine preservation activity
and will do my best to do my part.

Chuck Jensen

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of steve korney
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 2:03 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Rotarys, Lycosaurs, etc.

That's right...The engine was a rebuilt out of a twin comanche.  After 2700
hour, tach time, I rebuilt it
again myself and that's what is in the plane now...The reason I rebuilt it
was, it started leaking a little oil and I found a crack in number 2
cylinder from the exhaust port to the lower spark plug hole.  So, I replaced

all the cylinders this time...My Glasair has about 3200 hour on it...That
said, I fly it almost every day here in California...

Best... Steve