REFLECTOR:Rotarys, Lycosaurs, etc.

Jim Sower reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:27:57 -0600

<... My Glasair has about 3200 hour on it...That said, I fly it almost every day here
in California....>
That's really great reliability.  It also goes to the notion that engines that fly all
the time live much longer than those that sit around a lot.  What I've heard on this
thread has me beginning to believe that regular exercise might be more important than
any other single factor determining engine life.  Nearly all the folks who reported
minimal or no problems were referring to engines that worked a LOT.  Two of the three
engines I have owned that didn't last had lived very sedentary lives.  I aim to keep
an eye on that factor from now on and collect more data points.
Glad to see that someone is having really good luck with Lycs ... Jim S.