REFLECTOR:Re:MT 540 Prop

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 17:37:01 EST

--part1_74.34b62c80.2cd6e10d_boundary

Regarding aero composites for Velocity.
I talked to the rep from Aero Composites at the AOPA Show.  They may be
offering the prop soon but not yet.  He said the main reason is the $90K it would
cost to purchase all the forms and set up to make the props.  So it may be a
little early without a firm commitment. One way to accelerate process would be
to let velocity know what the market would be.  Aero composites will not make a
prop that is affordable without a market.  In the mean while the MT prop
works fine.
Steve
787SB
XL-RG

--part1_74.34b62c80.2cd6e10d_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Regarding aero composites for Velocity.<BR>
I talked to the rep from Aero Composites at the AOPA Show.&nbsp; They may be=
 offering the prop soon but not yet.&nbsp; He said the main reason is the $9=
0K it would cost to purchase all the forms and set up to make the props.&nbs=
p; So it may be a little early without a firm commitment. One way to acceler=
ate process would be to let velocity know what the market would be.&nbsp; Ae=
ro composites will not make a prop that is affordable without a market.&nbsp=
; In the mean while the MT prop works fine.<BR>
Steve<BR>
787SB<BR>
XL-RG</FONT></HTML>

--part1_74.34b62c80.2cd6e10d_boundary--