REFLECTOR:Autopilot servo

Wayne Lanza reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 18:00:10 -0500

--Apple-Mail-13--773902772

For what it's worth,
  The new Velocity XL - Dash 5 has the aileron servo mounted behind the=20=

keel bulk head.
This airplane has a functional BM autopilot (roll only so far) and the=20=

servo works just fine.

Wayne Lanza
Composite Design

On Saturday, November 1, 2003, at 05:47 PM, Alex Balic wrote:

> Dean,
> I considered doing something similar, and your mount looks really=20
> great, but I wondered if the servo would have enough torque (or be=20
> overworked) if it was running the ailerons without any type of=20
> leverage- the recommended throw on the BM servo is +/- 60 degrees, and=20=

> the ailerons are +/- 20? (I am not at my manual=A0just now,=A0=A0but I =
can=20
> not remember how many degrees the aileron arm moves to give this throw=20=

> to the ailerons, but I believe it is the same) so you have the=20
> potential of leveraging the force of the servo 3:1 against the=20
> ailerons if you mount the servo off center with linkage.=A0=20
> Hopefully/probably, the servo has plenty of power either way, but mine=20=

> "looks" tiny and weak, so I'm giving it all the help it can get.....
> =A0
> Alex
> =A0
> =A0-----Original Message-----

considered doing something similar, and your mount looks really great,
but I wondered if the servo would have enough torque (or be
overworked) if it was running the ailerons without any type of
leverage- the recommended throw on the BM servo is +/- 60 degrees, and
the ailerons are +/- 20? (I am not at my manual=A0just now,=A0=A0but I =
can
not remember how many degrees the aileron arm moves to give this throw
to the ailerons, but I believe it is the same) so you have the
potential of leveraging the force of the servo 3:1 against the
ailerons if you mount the servo off center with linkage.=A0
Hopefully/probably, the servo has plenty of power either way, but mine
"looks" tiny and weak, so I'm giving it all the help it can =

=

=

=A0

<smaller>=A0-----Original Message-----

<bold>From:</bold> reflector-admin@tvbf.org
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<bold>On Behalf Of </bold>Dean May

<bold>Sent:</bold> Saturday, November 01, 2003 3:30 PM

<bold>To:</bold> reflector@tvbf.org

<bold>Subject:</bold> REFLECTOR:Autopilot servo

great way to mount the aileron autopilot servo.=A0 I installed it
directly into the aileron torqut tube at the point where it terminates
at the back side of the center keal.=A0 I have posted pictures on
=
</underline>
under sub-systems/autopilot</fontfamily></smaller>

thought I should share it.</smaller></fontfamily>

Mountain=A0autopilot and their servos</smaller></fontfamily>

=A0

5</smaller></fontfamily>

</excerpt>=

--Apple-Mail-13--773902772--