REFLECTOR:Carbon Beam Thickness- hard points

Alexander Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 30 May 2003 10:38:06 -0500

probably the best way to dot it I agree Larry, how about this though- I know
on the new installation, the gas spring goes over center at some point , so
it helps to keep the door closed as well as open, so in the fully closed
position, how far out is the spring extended from it's most closed
position.- 1", 2", 1/2" ? if you could give me your measurements, then I
will at least have a really good starting point, since my hard points are
only 1" side, I don't have much latitude to move the spring once they are
installed...

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of lawrence epstein
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 9:04 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Carbon Beam Thickness- hard points

I will take some measurements this weekend.  I am not sure that they will be
that helpful.  Location will depend on which gas spring you use, location of
door mounting, hinges, etc.
My installation is not from any manual,but from the reflector/velocity views
a couple/few years back.. I think it is similar to the one now in use ,but
not sure.

I think the best way is to trial fit the beam with clecos/clamps & then the
gas spring. Then locate the hard point.
Larry Epstein
173 FGE