REFLECTOR:Carbon Beam Thickness

Andy Millin reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 13:16:11 -0400

Craig,

I haven't started my carbon beams yet.  But, FWIW, would it be possible to
drill holes every few inches and use clecos to pull the two together.  If
you can, then smear it with good goop and let it cure that way.  The clecos
will come out.

Best,

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Craig and/or Denise Woolston
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 12:51 PM
To: reflector
Subject: REFLECTOR:Carbon Beam Thickness

John and I have rough fit the carbon beams into the airplane but there are
some healthy gaps (3/16" or less) in some areas.  I can't find any reference
in the manual as to how thick (or high depending on your opinion of what
dimension I talking about) should be.  The only reference is that a 2x4
should fit inside the carbon beam for the seat belt upper attachment.  Which
would say about 1.5"  Do you just fill the gaps with structural adhesive or
microglass or sand them down or what?

Thanks,

Craig

! Craig Woolston             !