REFLECTOR:Help me buy a house...on an airport

Christopher Barber reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 09:57:46 -0500

Oh, the runway is paved.  It and the hangar are well maintained.  In case
this one does not work out, how much runway should be on a turf runway?  How
much for paved?  Thanks again.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Christopher Barber
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 9:43 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR:Help me buy a house...on an airport

My S/O, Jana and I are looking at a house on a very nice, established
airpark in Friendswood TX (Polly Ranch), just  a few miles from where I grew
up and now live.  For the Houston area it is kinda expensive at $360K and is
dated and very much 70's (more honeydo's for me to update), Bt does have a
hanger a few feet from the house and a few feet for the runway.  Hell, if it
was just me, all I need is the hanger <g>

Anyway, I know the posted numbers on our Velocity's to land and take-off is
about 1500 ft. The runway at Polly Ranch is 2400 ft.  Is this realistic????
Should it be longer or will this be ok?  What is the reality from you guys
flying?  Your thoughts are appreciated.  TIA

All the best,

Chris Barber