REFLECTOR:Windshield Repair

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 27 May 2003 02:07:37 EDT

--part1_1f1.99a7891.2c045aa9_boundary

I had to replace my windshield right after it was installed.  A small crack
had formed in one corner.  I cut out the center leaving about 6" around the
edge.  I then made cuts down to the edge of the fame every 4-5".  These pieces
were the pulled out and most of them broke out cleanly.  The frame was damaged
in a couple of place but this method greatly reduced the amount of grinding
required.

Mel Bina   SDT  RG

--part1_1f1.99a7891.2c045aa9_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2>I had to replace my winds=
hield right after it was installed. &nbsp;A small crack had formed in one co=
rner. &nbsp;I cut out the center leaving about 6" around the edge. &nbsp;I t=
hen made cuts down to the edge of the fame every 4-5". &nbsp;These pieces we=
re the pulled out and most of them broke out cleanly. &nbsp;The frame was da=
maged in a couple of place but this method greatly reduced the amount of gri=
nding required.
<BR>
<BR>Mel Bina &nbsp;&nbsp;SDT &nbsp;RG</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1f1.99a7891.2c045aa9_boundary--