REFLECTOR:Front seat hard points

Jim Agnew reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 26 May 2003 09:41:38 -0700 (PDT)

Craig,

You want to lubricate those rails and here is a little
suggestion to make it easier to pull the seats forward
since there isn't a lot to hold on to when trying to pull
the seat forward.

Get two screen door springs and using 4 sheet metal screws
and washers attach the front ends outboard and inboard to
the top of the front seat mounting rail, attach the rear of
the springs to the bottom rear sliding cross rail so when
the seat is in the rear position the springs are under
tension.  This tension helps to pull the sliding part of
the rail forward making it easier.  You can slip a loose
piece of shrink rap over the springs or extend them some
and spray with flock to keep them from ringing.

Jim