REFLECTOR:First Flight and Transition Training

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 24 May 2003 23:50:09 EDT

--part1_b8.40d7d98f.2c019771_boundary

        Hi!  I am new to the list and so far have found it very interesting.
I purchased a Velocity standard, fixed gear, fixed pitch prop, and an IO 540
engine from Alan Shaw (the original builder).  I have been refurbishing it.
             It is very close to being able to fly and has a new
airworthiness certificate.  However, my insurance company will not let me fly the first
flight because I have very few hours in a Velocity.  I am looking for an
experienced Velocity pilot to do the first flight.  I am also looking for seven hours
of additional transition training.  I went to the factory and took transition
training but I need additional hours to meet my insurance companies
requirements before I can fly my plane solo.
             Is there anyone on the list who is willing to do either of these
things or knows of anyone who would?  I would certainly appreciate any help
or information you could give me.  I live in Palm Bay and the plane, N8101S, is
based at the Melbourne airport.  Thanks in advance.
       Rich Bartrem
       pssstv300@aol.com
       321 984-3229

--part1_b8.40d7d98f.2c019771_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;  Hi!&nbsp; I am n=
ew to the list and so far have found it very interesting.&nbsp; I purchased=20=
a Velocity standard, fixed gear, fixed pitch prop, and an IO 540 engine from=
 Alan Shaw (the original builder).&nbsp; I have been refurbishing it.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It=20=
is very close to being able to fly and has a new airworthiness certificate.&=
nbsp; However, my insurance company will not let me fly the first flight bec=
ause I have very few hours in a Velocity.&nbsp; I am looking for an experien=
ced Velocity pilot to do the first flight.&nbsp; I am also looking for seven=
 hours of additional transition training.&nbsp; I went to the factory and to=
ok transition training but I need additional hours to meet my insurance comp=
anies requirements before I can fly my plane solo.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Is=20=
there anyone on the list who is willing to do either of these things or know=
s of anyone who would?&nbsp; I would certainly appreciate any help or inform=
ation you could give me.&nbsp; I live in Palm Bay and the plane, N8101S, is=20=
based at the Melbourne airport.&nbsp; Thanks in advance.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Rich Bartrem<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; pssstv300@aol.com<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 321 984-3229</FONT></HTML>

--part1_b8.40d7d98f.2c019771_boundary--