REFLECTOR: sparrow strainer (old post)

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 22 May 2003 11:26:48 EDT

--part1_ca.1cd525f8.2bfe4638_boundary

I agree, the strainer has a negative angle of incidence as compared to the
elevator. I simply made the airfoil as the templates showed. My plane was
constructed at the Velocity Service Center, so am confident that it is correct.

The autopilot sometimes does a bit of "seeking" in altitude, and in
discussions some have recommended two sparrow strainers (one on each side) as a
possible cure. I have not done that yet, but make sure the plane is stablilzed and
trimmed before turning on altitude hold.

Bob Wood
658SE

--part1_ca.1cd525f8.2bfe4638_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I agree, the strainer has a negative angle of incidenc=
e as compared to the elevator. I simply made the airfoil as the templates sh=
owed. My plane was constructed at the Velocity Service Center, so am confide=
nt that it is correct.<BR>
<BR>
The autopilot sometimes does a bit of "seeking" in altitude, and in discussi=
ons some have recommended two sparrow strainers (one on each side) as a poss=
ible cure. I have not done that yet, but make sure the plane is stablilzed a=
nd trimmed before turning on altitude hold.<BR>
<BR>
Bob Wood<BR>
658SE</FONT></HTML>

--part1_ca.1cd525f8.2bfe4638_boundary--