REFLECTOR:Batteries

steve reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 22 May 2003 20:21:34 +0800

N> Hey Reflectorites,  Take a look at Odyssey batteries and make a comment or two re their suitability for our airplanes.
N> nolan.

The Odyssey is in my 173, I think **very** highly of it.
My first battery was a general purpose auto battery ... failed during
installation and testing of the electrical system.

Second Battery an AC Delco (more expensive) lasted almost til the 1st
flight (12 mths)

The Odyssey (even more expensive) ... hit the start button, Franklin
cranks better than it ever did, *always* starts first time

Since then I have 'done a deal' with the supplier to get 7 more !

2 in a Lancair 4P (28v, only battery setup that would turn the gas
turbine fast enough to avoid a 'hot start')

1 in a glasair 3 (his 4th and final battery selection) this guy
reckons he could taxii on the starter motor

2 in glas=stars ??

2 in another gas turbine 4P

I think they are the best.

no. I don't work for odyssey,... no commissions etc...
but I can recommend them from my experience.

--
Best regards,
 steve                            mailto:steve_beilby@yahoo.com.au