REFLECTOR:Fire Suppression Systems ??

Alexander Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 22 May 2003 04:14:55 -0500

I've got a 5# bottle with a pull to discharge cable that is about 10'long, I
mounted the bottle in the rear seat area, and will plumb the lines up to the
engine compartment when I get the install finished, I received mine from
Summit Racing Products - search google for the web site- it was the cheapest
that I could find, nice system though, even comes with the lines to plumb
into the engine compartment.

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of steve
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 11:03 PM
To: PVTPIL8@aol.com
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Fire Suppression Systems ??

Hi PVTPIL8,

Pac> I am looking for some insight on fire suppression systems.  We are
finishing
Pac> up the engine compartment of my XL-RG and trying to make a decision on
Pac> system.
Pac> Has anyone installed one?
Pac> What kind? Halon or other?
Pac> Manual or automatic?
Pac> What CU. FT ?
Pac> From Who and about how much??
Pac> Thanks
Pac> Steve

I have a halon fire bottle mounted in the nose area. A saftey pin must
be removed before striking a large knob on the inst panel, this will
then discharge ALL the contents of the bottle via aluminium (aluminum)
tubing to the engine compartment.

I got the complete setup from AS. 'Phoenix' seems to ring a bell.

only problem.....can't test it without dumping the halon!!

.....steve
173 rge / franklin/ mt
--
Best regards,