REFLECTOR:BATTERIES

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 21 May 2003 23:24:25 EDT

--part1_71.310369f0.2bfd9ce9_boundary

Keith,

 I am planning the same thing with my V.  I am not using a second alternator,
however. The way my system is wired, I have 2 separate electrical feeds after
the alternator.  The alternator is using a fused, solid state RV charging
device that isolates any problem batteries from the charging circuit.  It also
charges the battery that needs it most.
Calculating my load, and 2 batteries, I have over 2 hours of flying time
should I loose an alternator.  Since my personal MEL (minimum equipment list) is 2
batteries and a working alternator,  Should any one of the 3 fail, it is time
to land and fix it.

Kurt Winker

--part1_71.310369f0.2bfd9ce9_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Keith, <BR>
<BR>
 I am planning the same thing with my <B>V</B>.&nbsp; I am not using a secon=
d alternator, however. The way my system is wired, I have 2 separate electri=
cal feeds <U>after</U> the alternator.&nbsp; The alternator is using a fused=
, solid state RV charging device that isolates any problem batteries from th=
e charging circuit.&nbsp; It also charges the battery that needs it most.&nb=
sp; <BR>
Calculating my load, and 2 batteries, I have over 2 hours of flying time sho=
uld I loose an alternator.&nbsp; Since my personal MEL (minimum equipment li=
st) is 2 batteries and a working alternator,&nbsp; Should any one of the 3 f=
ail, it is time to land and fix it. <BR>
<BR>
Kurt Winker<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>