REFLECTOR:FAA changes Operating Limitations

Mike Pollock reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 21 May 2003 15:39:41 -0500

Your right.  I did miss that little caveat of "or for the time the FSDO
assigns".  Sneaky little dudes, huh?  Our operating limitations for our
velocity were updated in 2000, so it does not apply to us either, unless the
FAA decides to make it retroactive for all experimentals.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 8:24 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:FAA changes Operating Limitations

Mike,

You missed the biggest change.

"The aircraft must remain in flight test for a minimum of 5 hours or for
the time the FSDO assigns."

Previously the Owner or A&P doing the change set the flight test time.
Now the FAA is back in the picture. Somebody who probably knows
diddly-squawt about what your doing.

My experience of the inspectors at ABQ FSDO is they are a mixed bag.
Some good, some bad.  I'd rather not risk getting one of the ***holes.

Of course the silver lining is that my operating limitation doesn't say
this so it doesn't apply to my plane.  All the newly papered planes may
have this in there O.L. though.

Scott