REFLECTOR:BATTERIES

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 21 May 2003 11:14:00 EDT

--part1_ae.4038a46d.2bfcf1b8_boundary

About Batteries:

 I am not flying yet.  That said, I have been doing a Lot of research on
batteries for my V.  I AM using a 4.3L Chevy in mine, and want 2 batteries, but I
believe my choice would be the same regardless.

I have decided on a recombinant gas battery from B&C (the same guys that make
those light weight starters).  They are totally sealed, very light, very
powerful, can be mounted in any position.  They do not require venting, and have
fantastic cold starting capabilities (unlike Gel Cells). And, believe it or
not.. the price is pretty fair.

I am impressed enough with their performance that when I replace the battery
in my Cherokee-235 (the world's oldest flying), I will use a B&C battery
(YES.. they are certified).

Kurt Winker

--part1_ae.4038a46d.2bfcf1b8_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">About Batteries:&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
 I am not flying yet.&nbsp; That said, I have been doing a Lot of research o=
n batteries for my <B>V</B>.&nbsp; I AM using a 4.3L Chevy in mine, and want=
 2 batteries, but I believe my choice would be the same regardless.&nbsp; <B=

<BR>
I have decided on a recombinant gas battery from B&amp;C (the same guys that=
 make those light weight starters).&nbsp; They are totally sealed, very ligh=
t, very powerful, can be mounted in any position.&nbsp; They do not require=20=
venting, and have fantastic cold starting capabilities (unlike Gel Cells). A=
nd, believe it or not.. the price is pretty fair.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
I am impressed enough with their performance that when I replace the battery=
 in my Cherokee-235 (the world's oldest flying), I will use a B&amp;C batter=
y (YES.. they are certified). <BR>
<BR>
Kurt Winker<BR>
<BR>