REFLECTOR:Garmin 430/530 Simulator and Flight Simulator

Ronnie Brown reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 17 May 2003 15:50:53 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0002_01C31C8C.18A26180

For those of you who are using a Garmin 430/530, there is software that allows the 430/530 Garmin Simulator
software to run as an "insert" to the cockpit display in FS2000 or FS2002.  This means the two simulators are
interconnected such that the Garmin knows where Flight Simulator is.

Go to www.Avsim.com  and search for Garmin 430.

Instructions are given for downloading and installing the software.

I have downloaded the Velocity XL from www.flightsim.com , revised the panel so that it is similar to the
panel in my 173 Elite RG, and now that I have the Garmin 430 simulated, I can fly practice IFR approaches to
my heart's content!!!  Especially fun when the weather sucks like it does today!!!

I'm sorry, I don't have detailed instructions on how to do all of this, it has evolved over the past 6
months - but the key point is - it can be done and it works very nicely!

Ronnie Brown

------=_NextPart_000_0002_01C31C8C.18A26180

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>For those of you who are using a Garmin 430/530, =
there=20
is&nbsp;software that allows the 430/530 Garmin Simulator software to =
run as an=20
"insert" to the cockpit display in FS2000 or FS2002.&nbsp; This means =
the two=20
simulators are interconnected such that the Garmin knows where Flight =
Simulator=20
is.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Go to <A =
href=3D"http://www.Avsim.com">www.Avsim.com</A>&nbsp;=20
and search for Garmin 430.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Instructions are given for downloading and =
installing the=20
software.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I have downloaded the Velocity XL from <A=20
href=3D"http://www.flightsim.com">www.flightsim.com</A> , revised the =
panel so=20
that it is similar to the panel in my 173 Elite RG, and now that I have =
the=20
Garmin 430 simulated, I can fly practice IFR approaches to my heart's=20
content!!!&nbsp; Especially fun when the weather sucks like it does=20
today!!!&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I'm sorry, I don't have detailed instructions on how =
to do all=20
of this, it has evolved over the past 6 months - but the key point is - =
it can=20
be done and it works very nicely!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ronnie Brown</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0002_01C31C8C.18A26180--