REFLECTOR:Sensor Mounting

Wayne Lanza reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 13 May 2003 22:25:59 -0400

A word of caution here,
  Mounting a fuel or oil pressure sensor on an engine is not recommended.
The reason that the sensors are remote mounted to the firewall or engine
mount via a flexible hose is to avoid a mechanical failure of the
sensor due
to engine vibration. Many DAR's will fail a directly mounted sensor,
and why
take the chance of it breaking...?

Fly Safe,
Wayne Lanza