REFLECTOR:Stick to torque tube slop.

Ronnie Brown reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 12 May 2003 12:12:52 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C3187F.D0467EE0

------=_NextPart_001_004A_01C3187F.D0467EE0

BlankFANTASTIC!!!

I just ordered a foot of 1" dia aluminum rod from Spruce this morning to make some bushings.  But I like your
idea even better.   Whole lots less work - other than it might be harder to do since my plane is already
flying - but for some one who can easily get to their stick and torque tube, this is great!!!

You've got my vote for this year's great idea!

Ronnie

----- Original Message -----
From: Laurence Coen
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 11:37 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR:Stick to torque tube slop.

This is a second try.  My pictures were too big in the first attempt so I reduced the resolution.

Jim Agnew came up with an elegant solution to this problem in a previous thread.  My lack of machine shop
access led to my own solution.  It's cheap easy and everyone already has the stuff on hand to do it.  It
requires two wide area washers, Alpha Epoxy and some flox. All you need do is temporarily bolt the wide area
washers to the stick and torque tube, fill in the space between the tubes and the washers with a nice thick
flox mixture.  Let cure, remove the bolts and reassemble.  You're done.

Instead of boring you with another 2,000 words, I've attached two pictures instead.

Larry Coen
SE RG Franklin

------=_NextPart_001_004A_01C3187F.D0467EE0

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE id=3DridTitle>Blank</TITLE>
charset=3Dwindows-1252"><BASE=20
href=3D"file://C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft =
Shared\Stationery\">
<STYLE>BODY {
	MARGIN-TOP: 25px; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 25px; COLOR: #000000; =
FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica
}
P.msoNormal {
	MARGIN-TOP: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; COLOR: #ffffcc; =
FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica, "Times New Roman"
}
LI.msoNormal {
	MARGIN-TOP: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; COLOR: #ffffcc; =
FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica, "Times New Roman"
}
</STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DridBody bgColor=3D#ffffff=20
background=3Dcid:004801c318a1$570d5a40$ef414744@atlaga.adelphia.net>
<DIV>FANTASTIC!!!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I just ordered a foot of 1" dia aluminum rod from Spruce this =
morning to=20
make&nbsp;some bushings.&nbsp; But I like your idea even =
better.&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Whole lots less work - other than it might be harder to do since my =
plane is=20
already flying - but for some one who can easily get to their stick and =
torque=20
tube, this is great!!!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You've got my vote for this year's great idea!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Ronnie</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----=20
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A=20
title=3Dlwcoen@hotmail.com href=3D"mailto:lwcoen@hotmail.com">Laurence =
Coen</A>=20
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Monday, May 12, 2003 11:37 AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Stick to torque tube slop.</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>This is a second try.&nbsp; My pictures were too big in the first =
attempt=20
so I reduced the resolution.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jim Agnew came up with an elegant solution to this problem in a =
previous=20
thread.&nbsp; My lack of machine shop access led to my own =
solution.&nbsp; It's=20
cheap easy and everyone already has the stuff on hand to do it.&nbsp; It =

requires two wide area washers, Alpha Epoxy and some flox. All you need =
do is=20
temporarily bolt the wide area washers to the stick and torque tube, =
fill in the=20
space between the tubes and the washers with a nice thick flox =
mixture.&nbsp;=20
Let cure, remove the bolts and reassemble.&nbsp; You're done.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Instead of boring you with another 2,000 words, I've attached two =
pictures=20
instead.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Larry Coen</DIV>
<DIV>SE RG Franklin</DIV>
<P>&nbsp;</P></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_004A_01C3187F.D0467EE0--

------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C3187F.D0467EE0

R0lGODlhLQAtAID/AP////f39ywAAAAALQAtAEACcAxup8vtvxKQsFon6d02898pGkgiYoCm6sq2
7iqWcmzOsmeXeA7uPJd5CYdD2g9oPF58ygqz+XhCG9JpJGmlYrPXGlfr/Yo/VW45e7amp2tou/lW
xo/zX513z+Vt+1n/tiX2pxP4NUhy2FM4xtjIUQAAOw==

------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C3187F.D0467EE0--