REFLECTOR:STRUCTURAL ADHESIVE

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 07 May 2003 18:24:29 -0700

Here's a spec sheet for one mix of
Proset  http://www.prosetepoxy.com/125-226phys.htm  You may note that
there's a significant change in some of the numbers for even a mild post cure.

Burt uses nothing but Proset at scaled.

Nat uses MGS http://www.mgs-online.com/ there's supposed to be an English
section but I can't find it.

EZ Poxy is now made by Epoxical http://www.epoxi.com/main/home.asp they
don't have a spec sheet on their web page.  Actually they don't talk about
EZ Poxy much, they sell a lot more of their CPD line of laminating
resin.  I've used a bunch (several 55 gal drums) and it's good stuff.  But
I still like Proset better.  The adhesive - the gelled stuff from the gun -
is absolutely wonderful for closing out blind ribs in strakes and wings.

Make sure you're comparing apples to apples.  There's a data sheet from
PTM&W running around about Aeropoxy that has numbers an order of magnitude
higher than these, it says it was done with 10 ply laminates.  I don't know
what the standard is, but I know Aeropoxy isn't 10 times stiffer and
stronger than anything else.