REFLECTOR:Re: Insurance Woes

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 7 May 2003 16:54:02 -0400

Scott,

Thanks for the comments.  Well, if Falcon will provide hull in-flight for
1.6%, then our problems are solved!  I would consider 1.6% a quite
reasonable rate.  Certainly better than the 5% of hull value quoted recently
by Aircraft and Marine.

Regarding the Factory checkout, certainly the initial inspection and
checkout at the Factory is warranted.  For the BFR, it's only an idea that a
CFI with Velocity experience do the check out.  It doesn't have to be at the
Factory but a checkout by a CFI off the street that has little or no
Velocity time is going to be far less valuable than a CFI that routinely
flies in a Velocity.

Regarding the Annuals, after an initial inspection at the Factory, it was
not intended that they necessarily be done at the factory.  Particularly
since some builders feel that the right to do your own inspection is one of
the advantages of being the builder.

In sum, I may well have been under a misconception about the insurance
problem, both cost and accessibility.  Certainly, if Velocity owners can get
hull for 1.6%, the only thing they should ask is "where do I sign."

Thanks for the info.

Chuck