REFLECTOR:More Insurance Woes

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 06 May 2003 18:46:23 -0600

Brian Michalk wrote:
> Let's say you opt in for the coop, and we won't do it until we have 20
> takers.  Charge $5,000 up front, and you can't make a claim for at least
> a year.  After that, the premiums go down to something like $1000/year,
> or whatever.  If we make too much money, dividends go to the first takers.

This sounds a bit outragious to me??

$5,000 to start??? When AUA will insure my hull value 0f $85K for $1450
with other goodies thrown in like rental coverage while plane is
repaired, airline fees to get home, etc, etc.

Also if you only buy liability from AUA the rate is higher.

For liability alone for me its $510 a year

If I buy hull, non-flight or flight its $375 a year.

Scott