REFLECTOR:STRUCTURAL ADHESIVE

Al Gietzen reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 6 May 2003 07:00:34 -0700

Tensile strength is primarily from the fibers; compressive strength is
primarily from the epoxy.  "Stiffness", as in bending, is a combination
of the two.

Al

Is this accurate?  I was under the impression that a very small
percentage
of the ultimate (load bearing) strength is from the resin.  "strength"
is
derived from the fibers .  the resin merely keeps the fibers lined up?

Larry Epstein
173 FGE