REFLECTOR:Legal Charts

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 05 May 2003 15:18:27 -0600

A discussion came up at the airport yesterday about legal charts.

I told everyone that I fly with WAC's because Sectionals are to small
requiring to much paper shuffle in my plane.  Lots of "Deer in the
Headlights" looks from the 172 drivers!

I carry TAC's for Vegas, Pheonix, L.A. and SFO.

Then somebody said WAC's arn't legal charts, only Sectionals.  I  asked
to be shown the reg. that states that and nobody could find it.

Anybody know what regulation stipulates what charts are required.  The
only thing I could find was in the AIM and it "recommends" WAC's for
medium fast airplanes.

Scott