REFLECTOR:STRUCTURAL ADHESIVE

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 05 May 2003 07:54:57 -0700

The epoxy people use the terms laminating epoxy and assembly epoxy.  They
think of MGS, EZ-Poxy and the like as laminating - that's what you actually
*make* things out of, like spars, bulkheads, skins, etc.  WEST would be an
assembly epoxy.

If you're building from a kit, the overwhelming majority of what you do is
assembly, especially if the wings are pre-molded.

Gougeon's laminating system is Pro-Set, and it's a joy to work with.  They
also have a Pro-Set line of thixotropic, gelled resin that's wonderful for
closing strakes, it's used with a gun and a static mixer.