REFLECTOR:Lycoming Question

jack davis reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 3 May 2003 19:42:02 -0400

I have a Lycoming LIO-360-C1E6 in my standard elite RG Velocity.  It has
always idled at around 650 RPM with the throttle cable all the way out.  The
other day, for no apparent reason, it decided to idle at 1000 RPM with the
throttle all the way out.  I checked the linkage and it looks fine.  It
continues to idle no lower than 1000 RPM now.  I'm baffled by the sudden
change from 650 to 1000 RPM.  Does anyone know why it would suddenly start
idling at 1000 RPM as the lowest setting?  Everything checks out ok (i.e.,
mixture, mags, throttle linkage, etc.).

Thanks,

Jack