REFLECTOR:Eyeball vents

Alexander Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:18:58 -0500

Andy- looks like you have some good low pressure vents there, could you send
me the contact info for your source again?
Thanks,

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Andy Millin
Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2003 3:50 PM
To: Reflector
Subject: REFLECTOR:Eyeball vents

I received the eyeball vents on Thursday.  Some wanted to know what they
were like so here is the report.

They are used and do show wear, but are in great working shape and are
constructed out of sturdy stuff.

A little dirt, but nothing a little soap and a brush won't clean right up.

They will need to be stripped and either painted or polished.  No problem
for me, I would rather spend the time than the money.

The eyeball itself seems to be dyed? a pinkish shade.  Not objectionable to
me, but not something I would have chosen.

The bases are either black or zinc chromate.

The opening is .871 diameter (digital caliper on e-bay $24 <g>)  They have
the disk type valve that turns 90 degrees.  When opened they look like they
will deliver a good volume of air.

I will gladly use them in the overhead plenum.  The bases are set at an
angle and I don't believe they would work well for fresh air in the panel.

I'm writing this one from home, not work, and I don't have the contact
information for Ripeau.  If you are interested, I hope you saved it.  If
not, I can get it at work on Monday.  Either way, they said they had 50 or
so in stock.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Andy

P.S. Yes, I'm still working on the plane.  Life has gotten pretty busy
lately so not MUCH working on the plane.  Sorry no new pictures for a while.