REFLECTOR:Re: BATTERIES

Wayne Lanza reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:10:02 -0400

--Apple-Mail-162-983990797
	delsp=yes;
	charset=ISO-8859-1;
	format=flowed

Hi Tom,
  Remember that the Power Guard has a current limitation, if you use a =20=

battery with an Amp/Hour
rating of greater than 12AH, you could compromise the PG during a deep =20=

charge. I'd recommend
a 7AH battery for you as the secondary and a simple automotive battery =20=

for the primary. We use
them all the time and they last as long as an AC battery - at half the =20=

cost. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
If you can't find a 7AH gel cell, let me know and I'll order one for =20
you (under $40 delivered). Don't
bother with the deep cycle battery as a back up, it's cheaper to =20
replace the gel cell every 2 years
and you will always have a fresh, known good battery instead of waiting =20=

for one to die on you...

  I am progressing on the Power Guard mods but have to deal with a minor =
=20
set back. I'm in for an
emergency surgery tomorrow to remove my Gall Bladder. I've been having =20=

problems for the past
5-6 months - thought it was an ulcer, what next!?

Regards,
Wayne Lanza
________________________________________________________________________=20=

___

On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 01:26 PM, Tom Martino wrote:

> Any thoughts on the best batteries to you can buy?=A0 Primary and =
backup?
> =A0
> I think a deep cycle is best for a backup battery since it is made to =20=

> run over a period of time with a steady drain.
> =A0
> For the primary battery you want strong cranking amps.
> =A0
> Any thoughts on brands?=A0 Or models?

--Apple-Mail-162-983990797

Hi Tom,

 Remember that the Power Guard has a current limitation, if you use a
battery with an Amp/Hour

rating of greater than 12AH, you could compromise the PG during a deep
charge. I'd recommend

a 7AH battery for you as the secondary and a simple automotive battery
for the primary. We use

them all the time and they last as long as an AC battery - at half the
cost. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

If you can't find a 7AH gel cell, let me know and I'll order one for
you (under $40 delivered). Don't

bother with the deep cycle battery as a back up, it's cheaper to
replace the gel cell every 2 years

and you will always have a fresh, known good battery instead of
waiting for one to die on you...

 I am progressing on the Power Guard mods but have to deal with a
minor set back. I'm in for an

emergency surgery tomorrow to remove my Gall Bladder. I've been having
problems for the past

5-6 months - thought it was an ulcer, what next!?

Regards,

Wayne Lanza

=
_