REFLECTOR:Re: RG vs. Fixed

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:14:05 EDT

In a message dated 6/25/03 6:15:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
scott@tnstaafl.net writes:

<<
 I'm at about 170 knots in a Std. RG, turning 2700 RPM, Catto prop, 200
 HP, EI, and about 175 knots at 2740 RPM.  With my old Performance prop I
 was at 175 knots, same RPM.  Weight doesn't change it more than a couple
 knots. >>

I have the same power setup and a STD-RG.  I get 175kt @ 2625 @8K with my
Performance.  The old Performance has never let me down unlike my MT that is
still in for warranty repair as it has been for 7 months.  Good thing I kept the
Performance when I got the MT.  My MT has more time off the ground sitting on
the back of a shipping truck than it has on my Velocity over the last 3 1/2
years.

Ronnie's 2100 static with his catto seems low.  I get 2460 with the
Performance static (takeoff still is exciting), and have to pull out about 3/4 to 1
inch MP to keep it at 2625 which gives me the 175kts.  Of course I/we have the
slimmer wing than the 173.

TEC