REFLECTOR:173 Front Seat Ballast

Ronnie Brown reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:15:36 -0400

That's a GREAT brain fart!!!  I like that idea.
Might be a problem if it froze but that's a minor problem
Have to make sure the TSA and their media don't have another fantasy and conclude that the "drug plane" also has a tank that could
carry chemicals, like a crop duster.

----- Original Message -----
From: <RJohn15183@aol.com>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:173 Front Seat Ballast

| Ronnie,
|
| An idea that I toyed with....
|
| Now bear in mind that with my fat butt I don't need any ballast in flight. However on the ground the nose lightness was always a
problem. Always wanting to sit on her tail (and her tail was that expensive and delicate MIT prop!!)

| When I was at home I had 2 30 pound bags of cement that I had soaked in water bag and all then set in the floor of the plane on
top of plastic sheet while still wet. They conformed to the shape of the floor and dried. That was fine and good at home but no so
good on the road.

| So one idea I had was to make a bulkhead in the nose just forward of the nose gear well. Seal off the nose water tight then put
water in there. 2 or 3 gallons maybe. 16 to 24 pounds of weight as far forward as it can get.