REFLECTOR:State taxes on aircraft?

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:15:51 -0400

In a message dated 6/17/2003 1:46:34 AM Eastern Standard Time, dvblack@comcast.net writes:

> Or is there some
> state I'm overlooking that's Mecca for aircraft owners?

Well Dave, I'm pretty partial to Texas.

Whatever climate/geology you like we have it here.

Big city, small town or a 1,000 acre plot with absolutely nothing man made on it can be found here. Liberal or conservative? Pick your city we have them both. (Austin if your liberal anywhere else if your not! :-) )

No income tax. Period. Personal property tax only on homes. Plus your first home (your "Homestead") has a reduced value for tax purposes. Once you hit retirement age (65?) You pay no property tax at all "Homestead".

In some states you pay property tax on cars and boats and even FURNITURE! (Arkansas). Not in Texas. We don't pay sales tax on food or medicine either. The state has this funny idea that the utter necessities of life should not be taxed. Weird huh? :-)

If there is any kind of airplane tax at all then I am in deep kimchee as I have had 3 planes and never paid a penny to the state for any of them.

Rob