REFLECTOR:Tachometer Pulse Generator Options and Warning - FYI

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:51:35 EDT

--part1_1e1.b6cc07f.2c21ac47_boundary

I have an IO540 with electronic ignition on one side and mag on the other.
Easiest way to check engine status during run up is to watch the EDM-700 and
watch temps. If a plug is misfiring or something else it will show up immediately
during the mag check as a temp not in line with others.  When I turn off mag,
there is little RPM drop; when I turn off the electronic, big RPM drop. If I
have a plug misfiring, when I turn off one or the other, there will be an
immediate indication of a cold cylinder.

Bob Wood

--part1_1e1.b6cc07f.2c21ac47_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I have an IO540 with electronic ignition on one side a=
nd mag on the other. Easiest way to check engine status during run up is to=20=
watch the EDM-700 and watch temps. If a plug is misfiring or something else=20=
it will show up immediately during the mag check as a temp not in line with=20=
others.&nbsp; When I turn off mag, there is little RPM drop; when I turn off=
 the electronic, big RPM drop. If I have a plug misfiring, when I turn off o=
ne or the other, there will be an immediate indication of a cold cylinder.<B=

<BR>
Bob Wood</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1e1.b6cc07f.2c21ac47_boundary--