REFLECTOR:State taxes on aircraft?

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:33:31 EDT

--part1_f4.2da853e0.2c20d51b_boundary

I pay a monthly tax in my hangar rent, which by the way is $203.30 for a
T-Hangar. This includes about $15 taxes.

Our airport is a "Community Redevelopment Agency" so the taxes on any new
property there stays at the airport for future development.  It is used primarily
to provide matching funds for state/Federal grant funds. In the past 5 years
we have constructed a new terminal, 10 new T-Hangars and 5 new commercial
hangars that are now occupied by aviation businesses. In addition we rebuilt a
large WWII hangar, built a parallel taxiway for the 18-36 main runway, resurfaced
that runway, are in the final stages of installing an AWOS and REILS. Check
out www.sebringairport.com

BTW, our airport is also a "Free Trade Zone" so anyone refueling for
departure from US can get a good price break on fuel.

If I sound high on our airport, it is because I am. (In view of Truth in
Lending, I am also on the Airport Authority)

Bob Wood

--part1_f4.2da853e0.2c20d51b_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I pay a monthly tax in my hangar rent, which by the wa=
y is $203.30 for a T-Hangar. This includes about $15 taxes.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Our airport is a "Community Redevelopment Agency" so the taxes on any new pr=
operty there stays at the airport for future development.&nbsp; It is used p=
rimarily to provide matching funds for state/Federal grant funds. In the pas=
t 5 years we have constructed a new terminal, 10 new T-Hangars and 5 new com=
mercial hangars that are now occupied by aviation businesses. In addition we=
 rebuilt a large WWII hangar, built a parallel taxiway for the 18-36 main ru=
nway, resurfaced that runway, are in the final stages of installing an AWOS=20=
and REILS. Check out www.sebringairport.com<BR>
<BR>
BTW, our airport is also a "Free Trade Zone" so anyone refueling for departu=
re from US can get a good price break on fuel.<BR>
<BR>
If I sound high on our airport, it is because I am. (In view of Truth in Len=
ding, I am also on the Airport Authority)<BR>
<BR>
Bob Wood</FONT></HTML>

--part1_f4.2da853e0.2c20d51b_boundary--