REFLECTOR:Overhead plenum

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:22:21 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/03 9:14:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
humeno@microsoft.com writes:

<< When I am ready to mount them (semi-)permanently, I will coat the inside
 of the flange lips with silicon gel and bolt everything down.  The goo
 should set and create an air-tight seal but if I need to take it out, I
 can easily ply then off with a flat head screw driver.

Why not put the silicon down, then cover with 2mil plastic strips, then screw
down the plenum.  After the silicon cures, remove the plenum, pull the
plastic.  You will have a fitting seal that won't stick to the plenum.

TEC