REFLECTOR:Cell phones and airplanes

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 22:11:30 -0700

If you get deep into the FCC regs, you'll find that the original analog
"cell phones" can't be used on airplanes - but PCS devices aren't cell
phones and are covered by a completely different set of regs that don't say
anything about airplanes.

Of course, every FAA inspector "knows" that cell phones are illegal on
airplanes, and can't be convinced otherwise.