REFLECTOR:Nose Wheel Shimmy Brake Problem

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:14:11 -0600

Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I went through the process of building new gear legs for my STD RG, long
old story.  When fitting the new legs I noticed one of the legs slid
just a bit back and forth on the pivot bolts, the other fit nice a snug.
I was told by the factory to use washers to prevent this and not to over
tighten the pivot bolt nut as this bends the bulkheads and puts a load
on them. The nut on the pivot bolt should be tightened just enough so it
is not loose.

My $.02

Scott