REFLECTOR:Stormscope antennae

Dave Scharfenberg reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:53:29 -0500

--MS_Mac_OE_3138173609_121146_MIME_Part

I have a Strikefinder with the sensor mounted on a small aluminum ground
plane in the tip of the nose, ahead of the nose gear when retracted.  No
landing light in the nose.  The system works well unless the alternator is
on (which makes the whole thing about useless).  Does anyone have a
suggestion to eliminate or reduce alternator interference?  I tried a
capacitor? from a Cessna that goes from the alternator output to ground.
All it did was change the shape of the "storm"" on the display.

Thanks,

Dave Scharfenberg
std/RG