REFLECTOR:MT Props

Andy Millin reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:07:37 -0400

I spoke with Ivo a couple of weeks ago to find out what was up with his
Magnum (300+ HP) prop.  The blades shift in the hub in the direction of
rotation.  He has tried many things to stop this.  Unfortunately, it is a
matter of the materials and his design.  Until someone invents something to
smooth out the power pulses on a big engine, he will not be selling the
Magnum for an Aircraft engine.  If you want it for an auto engine then he is
your man.

FYI,

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 4:36 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:MT Props

Chuck,

I had a performance prop on my Std RG.  I now have a Catto prop
http://www.cattoprops.com/ and am very happy with it except for take off
performance.

I don't know if a fixed pitch prop is really an option for your XL
though.  The fixed pitch props are great for cruise but they suck for
take off.  I can use up an awful lot of runway.

Hopefully Whirlwind Propellers is still working on a pusher
configuration of their props.

I know IVO makes a 300 HP pusher prop but I've heard such conflicting
stories about them.

The prop is one of the areas in pushers where there are just not any
great options in my opinion.

Scott