REFLECTOR:Balancer

Robin Ream reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:20:53 -0500

HYTEC,

  Have you tried talking directly with Norm Serrano?  He was always very
good about helping me out when he was at Vibe Tech (Last I heard, he was
moving to another company in Tucson, AZ.)  His last cell phone number was
877.842.3835, and if he's changed that number with the presumed move to AZ,
the other guy at Vibe Tech should be able to give you a forwarding number.
    It looks like you've already tried just about everything, so I don't
know what could be going wrong, especially since you said you sent the
machine back and they checked it out and said it was ok.  That's a real
bummer...  Do you live anywhere near, or might you be traveling any where
near Atlanta?  Wayne Owens had Norm do a training seminar there, and some of
those guys should be pretty good with the thing by now.  Maybe one of them
could spin one up with your machine and see if they get the same troubling
results you did.  Since I've used mine on everything EXCEPT propellers, I'm
not sure I'd be the right person to check your machine out on an
irplane.  --  Now I'm beginning to wonder if I'll have the same problems???
Just out of curiosity, have you tried balancing anything besides a propeller
yet?  Does the same thing happen on something like a ceiling fan for
instance?  ..............  Try not to use it for a boat anchor until we
figure out what's going wrong with it.
    I really think Norm is your best bet if you can get in touch with him.
He used to go crazy because I'd spend hours trying to balance something
before I called him and he'd always say "If you don't get it by the second
or third try, or fifteen minutes, whichever comes first, call me!"  Sure
enough, he would talk me through it and in ten minutes it would be
erfect.  --  I just had a way of making every possible mistake :-)
    See what you can find out and let the rest of us know.  I haven't heard
too much feedback on the machines so I naturally assumed everyone was doing
ok with them.  How about the rest of you guys?  Are you having any problems
with you equipment, or is everything going ok?

Hang in there,
Robin