REFLECTOR:Balancer

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:13:10 EDT

robinream@earthlink.net writes:

<< Number one culprit.  --  The sun >>
Tried it after sundown on a black prop with no luck.

<< Second:  --  Don't be stingy with the tape.>>
Went as far as a two inch long piece of tape with no luck.

<<You might have to play around with it a bit to get the photo sensor angled
just the right way to pick up optimal reflection.>>
Made a bracket for the sensor that can adjust to be perpendicular to the
blade angle and tape and get a strong peanut light statically with no luck.

<<The further out on the radius you have your reflective
tape the faster it's going by the photo sensor>>
The unit is advertized to be good to 8000rpm, I lost lock after 1300.

<< It does take some practice though.  I've spent plenty of time
putting trial balance weights in the wrong place because I didn't follow
directions to the letter,>>
I wish I could get a balancing solution even once, to try putting weights on.

I could be missing something though.
Thanks,
TEC