REFLECTOR:Storm Scope Probe

Wayne Lanza reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:20:13 -0400

--Apple-Mail-24--372597691
	delsp=yes;
	charset=ISO-8859-1;
	format=flowed

Hi Guys,
It was noted and asked:

________________________________________________________________________=20=

_____________________________________

Hi Wayne
We mounted the antenna under the canard tip. It works good except =20
indicates false WX at 6/o clock after pitch trim. Then quick clear and =20=

back to normal
Mack Murphree
________________________________________________________________________=20=

_____________________________________

Mack,
How did you deal with the ground plane (10 square feet??) with the =20
antenna mounted at canard tip?=A0 Has anyone put the antenna/ground =
plane =20
elsewhere (and had the system work reasonably well)?=A0 Under seats?=A0 =
In =20
nose above landing light? In space at strake/wing junction?

Obviously, every VELO is different in terms of equipment, routing of =20
wiring, etc. but are there areas that are most commonly found to be =20
electrically "quiet" during skin mapping noted by those of you who =20
might have done this?

Wayne, why did mounting on belly far away from electronics not work?=A0 =20=

Does fiberglass shell interfere with detection?=A0 Or only carbon fiber =20=

components?
Rich Guerra
________________________________________________________________________=20=

_____________________________________

Please note,
  You are free to mount the probe anywhere you like, my recommendations =20=

are product of expert advise from Goodrich and many installations.
The wing area is regarded as the best location due to it's distance =20
from extraneous wiring, ignition systems and other inductive components.
We have performed all of the skin mapping experiments and spent the =20
time to get it to a fairly optimal configuration. At this point I feel =20=

that we
(Velocity and myself) have accomplished our task of providing the best =20=

solution for the probe location. I question why one would not use the
afore mentioned free advise, if it ain't broke don't fix it...

Fly Safe,
Wayne Lanza=

--Apple-Mail-24--372597691

Hi Guys,

It was noted and asked:

=
__________________________________________________________________________=
___________________________________

=
m><smaller>Hi
Wayne

We mounted the antenna under the canard tip. It works good except
indicates false WX at 6/o clock after pitch trim. Then quick clear and
back to normal

=

Mack,

How did you deal with the ground plane (10 square feet??) with the
antenna mounted at canard tip?=A0 Has anyone put the antenna/ground
plane elsewhere (and had the system work reasonably well)?=A0 Under
seats?=A0 In nose above landing light? In space at strake/wing junction?