REFLECTOR:Stormscope antennae

Rich Guerra reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 23:41:22 -0600

--============_-1156898789==_ma============

Mack,
How did you deal with the ground plane (10 square feet??) with the
antenna mounted at canard tip?  Has anyone put the antenna/ground
plane elsewhere (and had the system work reasonably well)?  Under
seats?  In nose above landing light? In space at strake/wing junction?

Obviously, every VELO is different in terms of equipment, routing of
wiring, etc. but are there areas that are most commonly found to be
electrically "quiet" during skin mapping noted by those of you who
might have done this?

Wayne, why did mounting on belly far away from electronics not work?
Does fiberglass shell interfere with detection?  Or only carbon fiber
components?
Rich Guerra

>Hi Wayne
>We mounted the antenna under the canard tip. It works good except
>indicates false WX at 6/o clock after pitch trim. Then quick clear
>and back to normal
>Mack Murphree

--============_-1156898789==_ma============

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>Re: REFLECTOR:Stormscope
the antenna mounted at canard tip?&nbsp; Has anyone put the
antenna/ground plane elsewhere (and had the system work reasonably
well)?&nbsp; Under seats?&nbsp; In nose above landing light? In space
at strake/wing junction? </div>
of wiring, etc. but are there areas that are most commonly found to be
electrically &quot;quiet&quot; during skin mapping noted by those of
you who might have done this?</div>
work?&nbsp; Does fiberglass shell interfere with detection?&nbsp; Or
only carbon fiber components?</div>
color="#0000FF"><i>Hi Wayne<br>