REFLECTOR:Balancer

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 18:29:59 EDT

wamowens@bellsouth.net writes:

<<  Is your propeller white? Maybe
 white to retroreflective  tape is not enough contrast.  >>

On the Velocity it's white (mt), but not the C-172(black), Lancair(black), or
EZ (wood).  I even have gone as far to cover the area under the reflective
tape with blue masking tape to prevent reflection.  Also, I positioned the
sensor under the wing to cast shade on it, and also adjusted the photooptic sensor
to be perpendicular to the reflective tape.  The tape is the honeycombed tape
supplied and the peanut light always illuminates statically.  I sweep the
reflective tape through the cone of illumination of the peanut light to get the
center of the reflective area.

The unit is sitting in my office now.  I guess if I get the motivation I will
install AGAIN, then take an AVI file of it not working for Vibetech.

TEC