REFLECTOR:Balancer

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:40:55 EDT

wamowens@bellsouth.net writes:

<< One  mechanic at my field gets $250.
 Get your EAA chapter to buy a $900 balancer from Norm
 Seranno.vibetech@bellsouth.net <vibetech@bellsouth.net>

I got my balancer with the "big purchase" late last year and have yet to get
a reliable readout from it.  It looses it's lock on the RPM above 1300.  I
went so far as to make brackets for the optical sensor for both my Velocity and
C-172 with no luck.  It has been back twice to Vibetech with no change.
Vibetec says it checks out fine on the bench.  It also eats a battery if I leave it
installed for a couple weeks, even though it goes to sleep after 3 minuets.
This is not right.  I even sent JPEG photos of my installation and the brackets
I made.  Norman said the installation is far superior than necessary.  They
are reluctant to replace it with a different unit.  So far, it has been a waste
of $900 bucks and a lot of my time(far more than $900 at my rate;-).  I have
tried it on 4 different aircraft, twice.

TEC.