REFLECTOR:Resin & Hardener heater question

Alexander Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 08 Jun 2003 20:04:59 -0500

the external surface of most heaters is glass, so they wont be affected by
just about anything, but there is a good one that I can suggest, I found it
at Wal-Mart- it does not have a thermostat, and is completely submersible,
small too- about 3/4" dia x 6"long, and it can stay submerged in the epoxy
without any problems, but it will only keep it at about 80, which should be
fine, 100 is good because it stays thinner, but I think that the higher
temps will reduce the shelf life of the epoxy.

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Bob Hugel
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 5:41 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Resin & Hardener heater question

John, Ronnie & Brett...
Thanks for the input.. The weather here in NE PA has been only hitting the
60's, with 40's at night.. and today I was cleaning my pump, and getting
ready to put fresh resin and hardener into it, when it dawned on me that all
the crystallization could be prevented if I had a $5-$10 fish tank heater.
As pointed out by Ronnie, they have built in temp. controllers, are built to
stand up to acidic water, and draw minimal current.  Lastly, since they are
submerged in the material there is minimal loss of heat.

Thanks again.. Bob