REFLECTOR:Tinted Windows

Tom Martino reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 23:23:14 -0600

I know for a fact that the auto tinting film DOES work on Plexiglass.  I
know several tint shops that dot it regularly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Royer [mailto:djroyer@earthlink.net]
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 3:45 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Tinted Windows

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brett Ferrell" <bferrell@123mail.net>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 1:16 PM

> Where did you get the tinted windows, from the factory?  Or did you
tint
> them yourself?
>
> Brett

On this general subject, does anyone know of a satisfactory way of
tinting
Plexiglas windows yourself? I installed a clear windshield and it only
took
one or two flights on a sunny day to convince me that I had made a
mistake.
The usual auto window tinting film cannot be used on Plexiglas, and the
static stick on stuff; (1) won't stay on, and (2) is of too poor of
optical
quality to use anyway.

I am thinking of trying to install some kind of sunshields. Has anyone
done
this in a way that they are happy with?

Don