REFLECTOR:New chapters on website

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 07:35:58 -0600

Chris,

I have to agree whole heartily with you about that:

CBarber wrote:
> <snip>....but it MY plane, MINE, MINE, MINE!!!! :-D

After owning and maintaining a Bonanza as my first plane I was
constantly frustrated by the illogical rules that forbade me to upgrade
the simplest systems without a major paperwork blizzard and extensive
down time of the airplane.

I replaced the 50 year old voltage regulator(65 year old design) with a
modern one that was a %1000 better in all respects. increased the
reliability and safe operation immensely. It was a major major hassle.

The ability to do as I see fit with my experimental airplane is a big
plus for me, though it does require us to carry the responsibility for
any and all changes, especially if we carry passengers.

Scott